If you're one of those that likes to walk around with their tea or coffee, or you have a long way to walk back to your desk then this is for you. In simple terms the SpillNot 'absorbs' the inertia which means the liquid within your mug stays in place.
The physics behind this unusual coffee holder is that the liquid does not spill or slosh in the cup and the cup does not tend to slide on the SpillNot as it is carried, even if it is swung all around. Why not? The answer is that the loop handle (let’s think of it as a ‘thread’) is very flexible and cannot deliver a lateral acceleration to the cup (because it has no ‘sheer strength’), which is what usually makes liquid spill from an open container that is not tipped.
If you don't beleive us the watch the video below!
- Put the cup on the base, lift and carry SpillNot by the strap
- You can even do tricks (with some practice, try outside first!)
- Excellent gift for: science teachers, people who spill drinks a lot
- Black plastic base with non-slip coaster and woven nylon strap
- Dimensions: 7.5" tall, 6.25" at widest point, 4.5" wide base for mug